Wednesday 14 April 2010

A Crop of Floral Swatches







Swatch:
1. A sample strip cut from a piece of material.
2. A representative portion; a sample

Here's a new experiment I'm gonna try on the blog. I always enjoy discovering potential unexpected pairings of items in my closet and 'swatching,' a term used often in costuming, might be an interesting method of uncovering new ensembles. Plus, I like seeing the different textures of the fabric together. It's oddly satisfying.

In the future I'd like to try collecting images of textures beyond fabrics (stones, wood, metal) and pair them together in a kind of 'fantasy' outfit. We'll see how it works out.

12 comments:

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

those florals are lovely! and i love seeing unexpected pairings.

tess said...

sounds like a fun and very whimsical project!

Bionica said...

these swatches are fun I really like the green one and the floral next to it
=)

if you can check me out at http://pagescouture.blogspot.com and let me know what you think

thanks
-B.

anahit said...

aw they're pretty!! I especially like the third one :) My entire wardrobe consists of practically nothing other than florals, meaning I am now on a "floral ban", because I really REALLY don't need any more. This post is making me want to rush out and buy something flowered though!! xxx

Rachel Lynne said...

BEAUTIFUL swatches! So dreamy!
I am re-doing my place so they are some food for thought.

Anonymous said...

These swatches are AMAZING. I'm especially loving that black & gold one. :)

MELANIELIKES.BLOGSPOT.COM
Follow?<3

rachel red lips said...

you should check out the blog called true up! it's a new fabric swatch each day! quite lovely..

Anonymous said...

Love it! I love everything about your blog...fantastic photos too!
XO Emily

http://www.etsy.com/shop/styleforlife
http://styleforlifelosangeles.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/ELVintage

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

Oh, this is a lot of fun. What a great idea! You have a really cute blog my dear. Thanks for stopping by mine. Sorry it took me so long to check it out. Following you now :)

inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

Lyss said...

interesting swatch idea! i'm curious to see how you do this

Move said...

I love the floral pattern!

xxx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.