Friday 5 November 2010

Caledonia, You're Calling Me


Today I was missing Bonnie Scotland something fierce, likely do to the cold, rainy weather, so I decided to give myself a little fashion therapy. I pulled out my wellies and my mother's kilt (which she purchased on my parent's honeymoon in Scotland many years ago), and set out into my rather chilly backyard. I decided to pair the kilt with relatively simple pieces to let it shine (plaid can be tricky). I got the longer necklace, which features a bit of a deer antler, on a pit stop to a Native American museum in New Hampshire. It's always nice to take little detours on long road trips, especially if I have my buddy Bretton in the car. I may miss Edinburgh every five seconds, but there is a lot to be said for having the freedom of a car once again.



Photobucket





Boots: Hunter Wellies; Kilt: Mama Vintage from Scotland; Cardigan: Costco; White T/Tights: Target; Purse: Accessorize; Flower Necklace: F21; Spider Ring: street vendor in NYC

Thanks to Little Alaska for taking my pictures!

16 comments:

Baby Budget Blog said...

The plaid is gorgeous! I've seen so many bloggers this weekend post plaid photos! I love how you styled yours.

www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

tess said...

I love the kilt, I totally need to buy one when I'm here.

It's raining today in Edinburgh :)

When you studied here was that your first time in this city? What made you pick Scotland?

Joey said...

I've been dreaming of doing a "Highlander" post lately and you are totally getting me amped about it! that kilt is great!

gee said...

ohhh i am a sucker for plaid.
i love it in the colder weather.
you look beautiful.
xoox

Carys said...

I love the checked skirt, and your rings are awesome!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Carys said...

I love the checked skirt, and your rings are awesome!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

callie said...

I love the kilt! Those wellies are perfect too. (: I've always wanted to go to Scotland.. I'm hoping to next year if all works as planned.

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

your skirt is gorgeous, and that spider ring is amazing!!!!

Draft of Vintage said...

Oh Man Molly! I can't believe I haven't checked in here in so long- glorious outfit. I. want. those. rings. and the kilt. Also fantastic gif!!! You look stunning darling, as always. I miss you. Come to LA and let's be famous.

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

whoa!!!! the spider ring is just amazing..i'm so drooling over it right now...:D

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Hannah said...

I LOVE your ring! Oh my!

Kir said...

Wow that was weird, I was just listening to Caledonia performed by Celtic Women, when I came here from Selective Potential. And what do you think was the second post on your blog? xD
I love that skirt! And everything else about your outfit and everything. :)

Rose said...

Oh, that spider ring! I want him to come live in my house. Beautiful details...I've never seen anything like it.

P.S. your blog is awfully dreamy.

Lesley said...

Love the plaid with the rainboots!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

beautiful skirt!! I love this outfit. Thanks so much for following my blog too!

Unknown said...

Hello

I'm Antonio from ITALIA.
I'm a LIFE COACH and an Italian HERBALIFE LEADER

You are so sweety and beautiful

I hope you like PLAID / TARTAN / GINGHAM shirts.

I have a great passion for plaid shirts since I was little .
Just like some collect stamps or coins I like to collect pictures of people in plaid shirts .

So COULD YOU TAKE SOME PHOTOS FOR ME WEARING AS MANY PLAID SHIRTS POSSIBLE?

Will be fine also photos with friends, family, etc.
The importance it's wearing PLAIDS .. ok?

DO YOU LIKE PLAID AND GINGHAM SHIRTS ?
Thank you very very much

I hope to receive your photos soon

I would like you JOIN my HERBALIFE TEAM

GET start your FINANCIAL FREEDOM

ASK ME HOW!!

that's my mail

antonioivano.preziuso@gmail.com

www.antoniopreziuso.com (under costruction)